This week on TRF:
- Shelley’s feeling a little rattled. A perfect driving record is now tarnished, a cement parking barrier vs a front bumper isn't a fair fight!
- When are we too old to attend a rave? Serge takes in an outdoor performance of Tiesto.
- Get your tickets now, Serge will rock the stage at DisruptHR YYC.
- AND if you are on the East Coast, join Leah Sobering as she hosts DisruptHR Halifax.
In the news
- ZipRecruiter remains profitable despite a big drop in customer count.
- Staffing industry giant Airswift inked a deal to acquire Energy Resourcing, adding 11 offices in 9 countries.
- 3 options to choose from if you work for Amazon as they mandate 2 days a week in the office, the last option is to voluntarily resign - let that sink in a moment
- The irony of Zoom mandating return to office is not lost on the entire white collar working world.
Tip of the Week
- A great measure, worth boasting about is a tight Applicant to Hire ratio. If you are hiring a single role, 50:1 is the target.
- Despite the fear mongers, most employers face little risk of being held liable for negligent hiring when it comes to people with a criminal record.
- Use of social media while you are supposed to be working. A Monster study published says that 57% of workers think social media in the workplace is unprofessional yet 46% admit to spending up to 4 hours on social media during working hours. The real interesting result is half of those surveyed dont want their employer following them on social media.
- Before you jump on the HR Tech bandwagon of AI powered this or that - get up to speed on what AI actually is and what is just an automated process.
- Here’s where to skill up for free and at your own pace https://www.edx.org/learn/artificial-intelligence/google-google-ai-for-anyone