Frontline hiring continues to be highly challenging with ongoing labor shortages in many countries. The business impact of understaffing is both significant and quantifiable, meaning hiring speed is a critical lever for business value and competing effectively in a competitive talent market.
So, how can employers speed up their processes while offering a great candidate experience and improving retention?
My guest this week is Joshua Secrest, VP of Client Advocacy at Paradox. During his time as a Global TA leader for McDonald's, Josh used technology to reduce frontline hiring times from 21 days to 3 days. He is continuing to help employers automate recruiting and innovate with AI at Paradox, and he has many valuable insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The current challenges in frontline hiring
- Business impacts of understaffing
- Having the ear of the C-Suite
- The critical importance of speed and moving fast at every stage of the process
- Turnoever and retention
- The power of automation
- The role of AI and the role of humans
- Delivering an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience
- The importance of simple, intuitive interfaces
- Speed of adoption in recruiting automation and advice to TA leaders
- Plugging generative AI into conversational AI
- What does talent acquisition look like in five years?