Earlier in the summer, I collaborated with the SmartRecruiters team to interview four fantastic practitioners who spoke on The Hiring Without Boundaries stage at RecFest in London. We recorded the conversations backstage at the event, and this is the third of three podcast episodes where I will be sharing them.
Talk about generative AI is everywhere, but most of the conversation is either inflating the hype or dealing with highly tactical short-term techniques and use cases. So, how can TA Leaders think about AI strategically to embrace current opportunities and plan effectively for the future?
My next RecFest guest is Ben Handyside, Director of Talent Acquisition EMEA at Colliers International. Colliers have recognized that ChatGPT was already being used by many people within their organization and are harnessing the advantages to boat innovation and make TA a key strategic driver of value.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Challenging barriers and boundaries to access new talent
- The forces driving change in TA
- TA as a strategic enabler
- Acknowledging AI utilization, understanding the risk, and establishing guidelines
- The risk of doing versus the risk of not doing
- Use cases and experimentation.
- Creating more time for human interactions
- Managing adoption
- Planning for the AI-driven future
- Understanding the problem you are trying to solve.
- Speed as a strategic lever
- Advice to TA Leaders
- What will the role of the recruiter be like in ten years?