Another exciting week in Talent Acquisition.
This week we cover:
- Blue sky over head and green grass under foot, RecFest US - Nashville, BiCentennial Park, September 13 & 14.
- Does being late to every zoom meeting qualify as ‘time blindness’? We take shots at Sarah Trefren when her whining to be accommodating for her condition on TikTok went viral.
- Threads seem to be going limp.
- Listing your salary history on your Linked In profile; we are too Canadian for that!
In the news
- Canadian unemployment rose to 5.4%
- Indeed Flex, the contingency staffing firm in the UK, launches Same Day Pay.
Tip of the week
- Evergreen job posting advice
- Using AI to make the hiring decision is a bit of a headline grabber, we won't see mass adoption in our lifetime.
- Work love bombing is the same toxic behaviour seen in romantic relationships - it's never a good look.
- Corporate Tinder is a 1 way video interview. Finally we are all on the same page of what a horrible idea this was in the first place.