This week on TRF we cover:
- When you realize your children are genetically predisposed to Monster Trucks, Serge shares some fun facts about his Guinness World Book of Records status.
- Shout out to TD Insurance! They earned a 5-star review from Shelley.
- The final word on fixing the gender pay gap from our perspective.
- Both TA & L&D leadership roles are predominantly held by women according to a global survey of 600,000 in HR. Added bonus, the career paths for each will surprise you.
In the news
- LinkedIn rolls out ID verification in Canada - and its free!
- If it feels like there are more cars on the road, there are. 4 out of 5 employees drive to work, exceeding the number of commuters to levels in 2016.
Tip of the Week
- Know who your talent competitors are. Research outside of your industry to understand the choices job seekers have.
- Practical advice on ways to prove you have a culture of opportunity. Beyond single step promotions, the definition of opportunity can be defined at different points in your career.
- Survey said, “40% of Hiring Managers admit lying to candidates”, we go deeper to explain why recruiters believe the number is much bigger.
- This needs to be mandatory on everyone’s interview guide. Ask this simple question and you will easily separate the mediocre from the great people managers.
- TRF Will be broadcasting live from Plum.io booth at HRTech in Las Vegas October October 11th and 12th.
- TRF Live on the disrupt stage at Recfest in Nashville 13th -14th September.
- DisruptHR Halifax September 13th.