Earlier in the summer, I collaborated with the SmartRecruiters team to interview four fantastic practitioners who spoke on The Hiring Without Boundaries stage at RecFest in London. We recorded the conversations backstage at the event, and this is the second of three podcast episodes where I will be sharing them.
It's an unprecedented time of disruption in talent acquisition. Economics, demographics, and technology are driving seismic shifts in how companies think about hiring. With the pace of change continuing to increase, the most successful TA functions will be the ones that adapt the quickest.
My second RecFest guests are Lindsey Stone, Group Head of Talent Attraction & Resourcing at Greene King, and Eric Houwen, Head of Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding at Deloitte in The Netherlands. Although they work for two very different types of business, there are a lot of interesting commonalities in Eric and Lindsey's approach to TA transformation.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The forces driving change in TA
- Employability and Social Mobility
- Shifting workforces
- Evolving talent acquisition
- What skills does a TA team now need?
- Developing a consultative approach
- Positioning TA to drive value for the business
- The role of technology
- How do you take your people with you?
- What will the role of the recruiter be in 10 years?