Over the last few years, TikTok has driven a revolution in short-form video content, racking up billions of views and forcing its competitors to adopt similar formats. Recent data, ironically released by Google, has also highlighted that a significant percentage of young people prefer to do their research on TikTok and Instagram instead of using Google.
However, while a few employers are doing a great job in this area, overall, there is still very little recruitment marketing or employer branding content on these platforms.
So what do employers need to do to connect with the millions of people consuming short-form views effectively, and what part should this type of content play in recruitment marketing and employer branding strategies?
My guest this week is Omar Khateeb, Founder and CEO at JobPixel. JobPixel is helping many employers to embrace short-form video content, and Omar has expert insights to share on what works and how to build effective workflows for this type of content.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The current state of the market and the consequences of overhiring
- How employer branding is evolving to meet the current challenges
- The critical importance of creating authentic video content
- Showcasing the good, the bad and the ugly.
- The evolution of Day in the Life videos
- How does short-form video fit in strategically?
- Many people research companies after they have applied, not before
- What makes great content
- Having the right tooling and process to capture video
- The impact of AI on content creation
- What is the future of video for recruitment marketing and employer branding?