We've talked about generative AI a lot this year and its incredible potential to change and disrupt talent acquisition. A lot of our industry conversation has been about creating with Large Language Models to generate recruitment marketing content and automate interactions with candidates. However, the impact of AI goes much deeper than this, and its effect on the speed of vendor innovation is highly significant. AI is already changing the way candidates are found, and matches are made and has the potential to make boolean searching and keyword matching obsolete in a very short space of time.
So what is the art of the possible here, and how can TA Leaders ask the right questions of vendors to ensure they are dealing with genuine products that are ethical and legally compliant?
My guest this week is Mark Chaffey, CEO of Hackajob. Hackajob has integrated generative AI into its technology to vastly improve matching between candidates and roles. At the same time, they have a strong focus on using AI to improve diversity in tech hiring and are already getting some significant results.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Every company is a tech company.
- Market differences between the USA and Europe
- The continuing skill shortage in tech
- The impact of generative AI on vendors
- Building technology that actually solves problems
- Moving beyond boolean and keywords with richer LLM-driven datasets
- The questions TA leaders need to ask vendors
- Improving diversity in tech hiring
- Opt-in self, disclosed diversity data.
- Will AI change the way we think about skills and hiring
- What does the future look like?