It has been an extraordinary year for technology. We can all broadly agree that the effect of generative AI will be transformational for talent acquisition, but how can we separate the hype from the reality to know where to focus in the short term and how to plan for a much-changed future?
With so much noise and minimal signal in the discussion about AI, I thought the best way to get a grip on everything was to talk to a genuine AI thought leader.
My guest this week is Jon Krohn, host of the SuperDataScience Podcast, Best Selling Author, and Chief Data Scientist at TA start-up Nebula. Jon was on the show back in 2019 and gave us a primer on AI that was so good people are still listening to now. This time, he is doing a deep dive into generative AI, giving us some history, explaining the current reality, and outlining the radical potential for the future.
This conversation was eye-opening for me, and it is a compulsory listen for everyone working in Talent Acquisition.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Developments in AI over the last three years
- Hype v Impact
- The development of the transformer architecture that facilitates ChatGPT
- Why the jump from ChatGPT 3.5 to ChatGPT 4 was incredibly significant
- Is artificial general intelligence possible in our lifetimes?
- Other notable examples of Large Language Models
- The immediate implications for Talent Acquisition
- How LLMs will supercharge vendor innovation
- The importance of TA Leaders embracing AI
- Are we heading towards a utopia or a dystopia?
A full transcript will appear here shortly.